Job ID: 43227
Northwestern IT Media and Technology Innovation is looking for a creative, collaborative Digital Media Specialist with strong cinematography and lighting experience and post-production skills to join our growing team.
Alongside team members, you will create a wide range of content: production for on-set work, short-form narratives that illustrate Northwestern research, online courses seen by thousands of learners around the world, and high-profile events. We also investigate emerging technologies such as 360 video and media production for AR/VR environments. Working with faculty, staff, and students across the university, the team has produced work featuring robotics, medical research, humanities, law, and more: https://mti.it.northwestern.edu/portfolio-teams/media-production/
We value an inclusive and collaborative approach to production from planning through delivery, and responsibilities rotate from project to project, giving everyone a chance to be involved in all aspects of production. You will have the ability to take individual initiative while successfully working in a team-oriented environment and demonstrate strong cinematography, producing, directing, and/or editing skills.
Northwestern IT strongly values diversity in all forms. We live our values in our hiring practices and encourage women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and reel with your application. This is a full time benefits eligible role with Northwestern University
- Cinematography and lighting for story-driven content including promotional, documentary, and tutorial media
- Edit a variety of content with multiple timelines
- Support faculty in the creation of instructional media for online learning
- Take part in all stages of projects from conceptualization to final delivery
- Effectively communicate with clients to develop treatments, scout locations, and schedule projects.
- Supervise and mentor part-time student employees and contractors as needed
- 3+ years of professional video production experience
- Familiarity with modern camera, lighting, and audio equipment
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Premiere Pro
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with people with a wide variety of skill sets and backgrounds
- Comfortable with live and studio environments
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Experience attending or working for an academic institution
- Experience developing and conducting interviews
- Familiarity with color grading
- Familiarity with graphic design
- Familiarity with animation and motion graphics
- Audio production experience